Therapies and the Spiritual Path

Powered By Blogger

Monday 24 May 2010

I stand alone on the beach

I stand alone on the beach.
To the west the sun is slowly falling from the sky towards the distant hills.
To the east the moon, almost full, is high above the sea, and bright.
The small waves make music as they reach the beach.
Three small fishing boats glow in the evening light of the sun.
Swallows fly overhead seeking their food.
To the north the low sun makes shadows in the hills behind Villaricos.
To the south it shines brightly on the Sierra Cabrera.
A gentle breeze blows from the north on the side of my face.
I take deep breaths and move the ball of energy between my hands,
My eyes closed enjoying the sun in my face.
As I walk back I remember the snake skin on the road this morning,
An old life shed, to make way for the new life.
That is me, old memories of what has been.
New hopes for what will be. Moving on.
Ahead my spiritual path, new spiritual family and friends,
Enlightenment, love, peace and gratitude for what is to come,
Where ever the road may take me, and whom ever I will meet on the way.

by David Millner

1 comment: