Therapies and the Spiritual Path

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 20 April 2010

Magnets lead me to Therapies

My transition from career professional, corporate tax senior manager with Ernst and Young, to full time network marketing professional came through redundancy in the depression of 1989. I was spared the need to make the choice. It was made for me.

In 1992 I was introduced the Ecoflow, a Cornish company with a single product, a magnetic fuel saver / conditioner for cars. I liked the idea of saving money through fuel economy while reducing pollution into the environment at the same time.

Three years later the company introduced Bioflow, the magnetic therapy bracelets, to improve circulation and blood condition. I was not excited by this new direction of natural health and it took me six months to even try one, and only after hearing various people speaking of the pain relief and other benefits they had experienced.

Only then did I start healing people by recommending and selling these products.

Later with a colleague we started taking stands at small local natural health, and “mind, body, spirit” shows where I met many therapists and learned about the many natural therapies available. I was impressed that the natural health professionals were very complimentary about the Bioflow products and results they had seen.

Later on, at a stressful period in my life near the end of a marriage, I was invited to attend a healing course. I arrived at the stated time and was told “Welcome to the Reiki 1 course”. I took a liking to Reiki and two months later took Reiki 2.

The placing of hands on the body to focus the “universal energies” for healing not only works and relaxes the recipient, but I realised that I had been doing it to myself for years without realising it. Even now I find those hand positions come naturally when I am in bed.

I started massage at about the same time, and learned much by exchanging massage with professionals. I still like to do that today. Each masseur develops a unique style and I am always ready to incorporate new ideas into my evolving style of massage.

With the Bioflow business I helped to develop a team of over 6000 distributors in Europe and Australia. I frequently travelled to many countries to train and motivate those willing to come to the training meetings.

One morning I awoke at about 5am with clarity of vision. I visualised a business card with my name and LIFE COACH written on it. A few months later I picked up a flyer for a Life Coaching course and knew I had to do it. I thought it would be like training, but it differs greatly. The coach encourages the client through guided questioning to identify his / her own challenges and solutions.

And after a few years I went on to become a Reiki Master, able to teach others.

So there is a brief history of where I am today with therapies. I still sell the Bioflow products, but sadly the company, under different ownership, has taken away the commission structure which was my main income. No longer is there any reason to travel to Finland, Ireland, Australia etc. to train distributors to be successful, and at the same time see them develop personally. It is time for a new focus.

So here I am today, equipped to coach, train, teach, and give therapies, and of course, communicate.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment