Therapies and the Spiritual Path

Powered By Blogger

Monday 19 April 2010

My personal spiritual path

I was born in England and brought up under the Protestant, Church of England Christian religion. It was a daily ritual at school to attend “Chapel”, sing hymns etc. and by the time I left school I had had enough of religion.

A visit to Thailand in my 20s opened my eyes to other world religions such as Buddhism. I could not see how one religion could be right, as against another, so took an agnostic view relying on being good, honest etc. as my ethics.

There had to be more than wars based on religious beliefs. There had to be some bigger picture with these religions just being part of the whole.

Later I met a psychic clairvoyant lady who became a good friend and gave me “readings”. She told me things that she could not possibly know and I soon understood that my earlier feelings had been correct. But with her guidance (and spirit beings speaking to her) I accepted that we are spirit beings living one earthly life experience after another. Add Karma, we have to learn different things in different lives, but actually each happening in life leads to it’s own karma. Sometimes we are male, sometimes female, and probably sometimes gay also.

We not only return for more human experiences but we meet the same spirits in different people / bodies. Friends can tell me who we were in previous lives together. So when we meet someone “new” and feel we know the person already, we almost certainly do. And when a young child seems to be exceptionally wise or gifted (music, mathematics, etc.) we can consider that they reached an advance state of intelligence, wisdom or enlightenment in their past lives, while other children are truly naïve and childish by comparison.

I still struggle with the name “God”, but a name is not important, and we can call the greatness Source, Light, Management or whatever we feel comfortable with.

We are surrounded by angels and spirit guides. We are not alone. I am told by those who “see” that one of my guides is a Sai Baba look-alike. Do I have links to Eastern philosophy, the psychic asked?


More to follow.


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment