Therapies and the Spiritual Path

Powered By Blogger

Thursday 26 August 2010

VIBRATIONS of MUSIC


VIBRATIONS of MUSIC

I rarely watch television now. I rarely see a news bulletin. The broadcasters, like the newspapers, allocate most of their airtime and energy to bad news. They compete for viewers by offering the most sensational stories and images. They spread so much negative energy into people’s minds, like mass hypnotism. The lives of footballers and of actresses are put on pedestals for all to see, then pulled apart like sport for the distorted entertainment of those with nothing better to focus on.

There should be a good news channel, to uplift and to motivate the masses to acts of kindness, and showing possibilities of each having their own beautiful life, full of gratitude for the gifts they have.

The internet provides most of my entertainment needs. As I enter to check my mail I see the news headings. In most cases that tells me all I need to know about the disasters and scandles.

The internet also provides music, and thanks to social networks, my friends and I can share what we like. I have found so much good music that way.

So when Sarah (name changed for anonymity) posted a message asking for music recommendations I was able to respond. I know that she is a single mother whose whole life, typically, revolves around her son. I have give her Life Coaching so I know things about her which she would not normally disclose.

My recommendation to her was A Mother’s Blessing by Snatam Kaur. The singer has a beautiful pure voice, and in this song she sings in both English and Spanish.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuWwheIXrdg&feature=search


Sarah’s response filled my heart with joy, and I was so pleased that I had made the effort to respond to her open request.

The deepest sense of fulfilment and wonderment I ever experienced was carrying my son.... my mother was the first to know. She said 'Oh no, my baby's having a baby'

In that moment I understood that being a mother has no words deep enough to describe the depth of the bond between a mother and her child.


The smallest gesture can make a difference to someone’s day, and to their life.

Music has vibration and the listener will immediately feel whether any piece of music will resonate at a frequency which at worst, annoys and makes them feel uncomfortable, and at best lifts the heart and spirit, and fills the person with joy.

Music, dance, art and all things creative are right brain activities. So many of us use the analytical left brain most of the time and are out of balance. Right brain activities are such good partners as we walk our spiritual paths. Share the music you love with others, and try something new.

Copyright
David Millner
26 August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment